Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Facts for Men: Meat-Eating Causes Impotence
Medical evidence indicates that meat-eating does indeed cause impotence, because meat clogs up the arteries going to all organs, not just to the heart. Meat-eating is also linked to numerous other health problems, including heart disease, cancer, and stroke.
Many healthy vegan foods are loaded with natural aphrodisiacs—nutrients and chemicals that boost your and your partner's sexual arousal and performance. Research has shown that vegetarians enjoy greater amounts of the nutrients that help boost sexual health and performance—such as vitamins A, C, and E and potassium—than meat-eaters do.
*On a side note; a beautiful source brought to my attention that eating pineapple and eliminating meat will leave men tasting better to their lover, which is a win win situation if you get my drift.
Want A Healthy Prostate?
A vegan diet can lower the risk of developing prostate cancer, say researchers. They have found that men who eat a vegan diet have lower levels of a growth factor that is associated with prostate cancer than either meat-eaters or vegetarians.
Men who ate four daily servings of vegetables were 35 percent less likely to develop prostate cancer than those who ate only two servings a day. But the guys who included veggies from the cabbage family like broccoli, Brussels sprouts and kale just three times per week had an even greater benefit: They were 41 percent less likely to develop prostate cancer than those who only ate one serving a week. Researchers speculate that to digest these vegetables the body needs to produce an enzyme that also happens to fight cancer-causing compounds.
Try serving your lover these scrumptious vegan aphrodisiacs to help put both of you in the mood:
* Asparagus:Asparagus is high in vitamin E, which increases blood and oxygen flow to the genitals, and potassium, which is important for healthy sex hormone production, making this veggie a well-known aphrodisiac. Its suggestive phallic shape makes it as enticing to the eye as it is to the mouth. To get the best effect, eat this delicious and healthy vegetable at least three days in a row.
* Bananas: A fruit with a sexy shape, bananas are said to contain chemicals that can lift your mood and make you more confident. Bananas are also famously high in potassium, a nutrient that aids in sex hormone production and boosts energy.
* Berries: The perfect foods to feed your lover, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries are high in vitamin C, which is important for making sex hormones and neurotransmitters
* Carrots: Carrots are bursting with vitamin A, a nutrient needed for producing sex hormones. For guys, vitamin A is vital for sperm production.
* Chili Peppers: These sizzling veggies will spice up your meal and your evening! Adding chili peppers to your dishes gets your heart pumping and produces neurochemicals known as endorphins, which make you happier.
* Chocolate: Nothing shows your love—or your compassion—better than a box of vegan chocolates for your sweetheart. Chocolate contains the chemical phenylethylamine, which is believed to stimulate romantic feelings by making you happy and excited. Its natural caffeine provides an added boost by giving you more energy.
* Ginger: Seasoning your meals with ginger will enhance blood flow to all parts of your body as long as your arteries aren't clogged up from eating the cholesterol and saturated fat in meat, eggs, and dairy products.
* Licorice: A fun food to hand-feed your lover, researchers have found that the smell of licorice mixed with cucumber is the most sexually stimulating scent for women. Licorice is widely believed to produce feelings of love and lust—particularly in women.
* Nuts: Men should eat cashews, pecans, almonds, walnuts, and other nuts to take in a healthy amount of zinc, which keeps men potent and prevents prostate problems. Nuts are also high in protein, which gives you the energy to keep you going throughout the day—and night.
* Pumpkin: Neurological research has shown that the scent of pumpkin pie is a sexual stimulant for both men and women, increasing male penile blood flow by 40 percent. Pumpkin seeds are one of the best vegan sources of zinc, which for men is crucial for potency and in preventing prostate problems.
* Soy: Soy isn't just protein-packed and amazingly versatile—it's also great for the sex lives of both guys and gals. For women, soy's natural nutrients have been linked to less PMS and better lubrication . The benefits for guys are even better—soy has been found to lower men's chances for developing cancer of the prostate (a vital gland for keeping everything pumping in the bedroom). Researchers at Kansas State University found that soy protein was just as good as beef for guys trying to gain muscle mass. But quite unlike cow flesh, tofu and veggie burgers have zero cholesterol and almost no saturated fat, substances that lead to heart disease, impotence, and other not-so-sexy stuff, like bad breath and body odor.